Men's Shorts Alterations
Men's Shorts Alterations
From simple hemming to elaborate pleat removal. Cleveland is the tailor near you that can perform all your short alteration needs. Alterations are simple and convenient with Cleveland Tailoring’s mail-in alterations. Learn more about how our mail in alterations save you time and money from the convenience of your home. Here is a short and sweet explanatory video. Remember our services are not limited to the list above. Always feel free to email firstname.lastname@example.org with questions about different alterations or any other questions you many have. If you prefer, you can schedule a virtual fitting with one of our skilled seamstresses.
What are each of the alterations listed about:
- Hem Shorts - To hem shorts means to shorten the length of your shorts. Simply mark your shorts with a safety pin to the desired length and Cleveland Tailoring will do the rest. Here is a video showing you how to easily and correctly mark your shorts for hemming.
- Let Out Waistband - This is the process of making the waistband and seat of your shorts bigger or looser. In order to accomplish this, there must be extra fabric left in the back on the shorts so the seamstress or tailor can use that fabric to make the waist of your shorts bigger. To check and see if there is extra fabric, look at the seat and waist of your shorts from the inside. Is there extra fabric? If so, your shorts can be let out. Most jeans and women’s shorts do not have extra fabric. Men’s shorts sometimes have an inch or two of extra fabric.
- Take In Waistband - Taking in your waistband is the opposite of letting it out. With this alteration, your seamstress makes the shorts smaller in the waist and seat. This is an alteration that can be performed on most shorts. Taking in shorts too much can result in the back pockets getting too close to each other. There are different ways to take in a waistband, one method used at Tad More Tailoring with is to add two darts in back. This method is used mainly on jeans since we cannot take apart the waistband and reconstruct it without disturbing the stone wash.
- Taper Shorts - Taper shorts means to gradually take in the shorts along the seam to make them fit closer to the body. There is a long debate if shorts should be tapered from the inseam vs outseam. At Cleveland , we make that decision based on the construction of the shorts. Click Here to learn how to mark your shorts for the tailor to taper before sending them to Cleveland Tailoring.
- Replace Zipper - Replace the zipper on your shorts easily. Pop your pants in the mail and the Cleveland Team will replace your zipper in an instant and get them back to you, hassle free.